Tuesday, November 08, 2022

The TeaMasters Interview with Oded Tzur, the jazz musician

This fall, I have started a new feature: a monthly interview with a tea lover who enjoys the leaves selected on tea-masters.com. Gongfu cha is still a very niche activity and I want to use these interviews to shine the light on those people in the West who have adopted the tea brewing technique from ChaoShan, which was further developed in Taiwan. After Olivier F Delasalle, a French philosopher, here's my first interview in English. I had the honor to discuss tea with Oded Tzur, the saxophone player and band leader. His latest CD, Isabela, has been nominated for 3 Grammy's. Find out how much tea inspires his music: 


In the second part of the interview, I watch Oded Tzur prepare some tea and then I give him advice to improve his technique. This is his reward for granting me the interview and I hope that it can also help you!

No comments: