Wednesday, December 27, 2017

The top 10 articles of 2017

I hope you've spent a wonderful Christmas with your family and loved ones! Did all your wishes come true? I know it can be tricky to be known as a tea lover and then unwrapping a gift package filled with passion fruit scented tea bags! That's where Chinese red envelops filled with cash are a much more practical gift (as it lets you make your own tea order on www.tea-masters.com just after Xmas!)  

Before I list the 10 articles with most views (according to Blogger), I wish to say 2 words about the declining number of articles on the blog. Actually, most of the reduction comes from the fact that now I also post pictures from my mobile phone on Instagram exclusively, that there are some social interactions that I just put on my private Facebook page, and that I would publish more commercial information on my TeaMasters FB page. This takes more time than simply copy/pasting the same content on all media, but I think it makes it less boring for you and me. Besides, this year I also wrote a new 50+ pages long e-book about the Chinese ceramics of the British Museum (also available in French). So, all in all, I think I had a pretty productive year!

And here are the top 10 articles of 2017:

10. The 2017 Chinese Porcelain Exhibition of the Tea Institute at Penn State. Day 3: black glazed bowls. Teaching tea with Teaparker in PA.

9. Jasmine tea's many secrets. Made from real jasmine flowers!

8. Winter 2016 Dong Ding Oolong competition. Tasting the best Dong Ding Oolongs.

7. The 2 most common green tea brewing mistakes. Too many leaves, wrong water.

6. La modernité du thé de la dynastie Song. On n'a rien inventé.

5. The Dong Ding Oolong and WuYi Yan Cha Connections. WuYi's inspiration.
  
4. Winter Alishan Zhuo Yan Oolong. Insect bitten.

3. What is there to learn about tea? More than a lot!

2. Hong Kong, 20 years later. The end of a business model.

1. The purest form of gastronomy is Tea. Tea and food connections.

No comments: