Wednesday, August 16, 2023

The 7 habits of highly effective tea people #6

DYL104K

The sixth habit of the '7 habits of highly effective people' book is 'Synergize'. It is about creating a culture of cooperation and creativity that leverages the strengths of each individual to achieve a common goal. Synergy is the highest activity in all life, the true test and manifestation of all the other habits combined. It catalyzes, unifies, and unleashes the greatest powers within people.
Oolong from DYL104K

The tea concept that comes closest to this 'synergy' is the Chaxi. The idea of a Chaxi (tea play or tea session) is to find a harmony between all the senses and the tea being brewed. With this Da Yu Ling, for instance, I have used my best matching Yixing zhuni teapot to brew the leaves. And to convey the green freshness of the aromas, I have used a green Chabu, celadon cups and plates. I brewed it in front of a painting of a high mountain and a bamboo plant (for the connection to nature and summer). I'm also in synergy with the season, because such a tea tastes particularly thirst quenching on a hot and sunny summer afternoon. The qinghua jar also represents a mountain and has the colors of the sky. The finesse of the porcelain cups underlines the character of the tea. Besides, I used my silver kettle for maximum purity and lightness of the water. And I was accompanied musically by a solo violin concerto from Vivaldi interpreted by Rachel Podger.

Oolong from DYL 104K

No comments: