Friday, June 30, 2023

Photoshop AI to the rescue

DYL104K Oolong
This summer, I'm faced with a new problem when I want to enjoy my high mountain Oolong at my window: I'm faced with a new building under construction. The blue plastic wrapping up the site is a big contrast to the view I used to have.

So, I played with the new AI function of Photoshop to see if it's possible to return to a nicer view. Here are the results.

The original picture:
The view of the calm sea on a sunny day:
The original Chaxi with Oolong poured in the cups:
And this is what my view could look like if I lived in Taipei with a nice view:
In this third shot we can see the tetsubin kettle and the tea ware matching the Chabu:
Here, AI imagines the view of mountains with tea plantations.
The Japanese Chado has solved this problem by building huts without large windows. The tea person is not distracted by the sight of nature during the preparation. Tea is so beautiful that it's enough to focus on it!
Beauty is in the detail and in real life. And tea connects us to reality, because we can touch the leaves, smell them, feel the heat of the kettle, hear the water boil, lift the cup, kiss it with our lip, swallow the tea and taste all its flavors. These are feelings that AI can't reproduce, no matter how realistic the pictures become. 
Have a wonderful summer!

Note: the online boutique will remain open this summer. You may order your favorite teas and teapots for your garden parties and travels. Stay hydrated and happy with top quality tea from tea-masters.com !

No comments: