Friday, March 25, 2022

San Hsia BiLuoChun green tea in the Lin Garden


Spring SanHsia BiLuoChun
A Chinese garden is probably the best place to enjoy a green tea in spring. So, you can imagine my joy of preparing this fine BiLuoChun in the Lin Garden in New Taipei City!

Green tea is the most ancient type of tea. It used to be broken in fine pieces and cooked with some salt during the Tang dynasty. Then it was turned into even finer powder and whisked during the Song dynasty. It's only since the Ming dynasty that whole leaves of green tea are brewed, either in big teapots or, later, in gaiwan and now in glass. Some even use a silver teapot for green tea!

What is, then, the 'traditional' way of brewing green tea? Is there a 'modern' or 'progressive' way? 
Here, for instance, you can see that I chose to use a large, dark green glazed porcelain bowl to brew my green tea. So, is there an ideal way of brewing green tea? How do we find it?
These are the questions I'll try to answer in my next video tea class on FB. You may register here to see it live and be able to ask your questions at the end of my class. Or, you'll be able to see it on my YouTube channel afterwards.
Thanks for your interest for my selection and for the tea education I provide. Let's enjoy the lively freshness of spring!

 

No comments: