Saturday, January 21, 2017

Winter Alishan Zhuo Yan Oolong


I'm ready to head south for my little family's traditional Chinese New Year vacation. I'll be back around February 2nd to resume the delivery of your orders.

But before I leave, let me share another wonderful find from this winter season: a jassid bitten Qingxin Oolong from Alishan. The bites are not as numerous as in this Oolong from Shan Lin Xi, the oxdition is lighter, but it delivers very unusual fruity and fudge notes with a very powerful sweet taste and aftertaste. DEEP! A Beethoven symphony or a Pearl Jam concert! It's the kind of Oolong that lingers in the mouth with just the right mix of dark sugar sweetness and bitterness (a nicer word would be tannins).
There's a ray of light with dark undertones, just like the sight of the brew on this dark blue Chabu. (This is a wonderful Chabu, by the way, and it is a great example of how a well matched Chabu can create a fitting atmosphere for a tea session.)
 Since it's a recently made tea, I recommend that you be careful not using too many leaves. Instead, make rather long brews to let its aftertaste shine!
 Have a wonderful Chinese New Year!
I'm heading for the sea and the sun tomorrow. This is also the theme of this year's new tea postcards. They have just arrived!
Thanks for helping me select them.

1 comment:

Israel said...

Have a wonderful time down south!