Thursday, October 19, 2023

High mountain tea class

Today, I taught high mountain Oolong teas to a customer who is currently in Taiwan learning Chinese! I hadn't done a one-on-one class for a while, so I forgot to take pictures during the class. But from my setup you can already see the method I employed. With two gaiwan, I would brew 2 different teas at the same time in order to compare them. This isn't how one should brew tea at home for enjoyment. However, when you just have 2 teas in front of you, it's very easy to spot the differences. So we tasted various cultivars and various mountains and different picking days to better understand how these changes impact the flavors of Oolong.
During the lesson, my student told me that since he's in Taiwan he has had many Oolongs, but he still hasn't had a better one than what he had from my selection!! This confession made my day!

And since I forgot to take pictures of him, I'm not revealing any secret if I tell you which 3 Oolong teas chose after tasting various high mountain Oolongs from my selection. They are: 

- Alishan ChangShuHu,

-Alishan Shizhuo

- Shan Lin Xi Yangkeng.

As for the FuShou Shan, he enjoyed very much, but thought that it exceeded his budget as a student!

And since it's so good, I just decided to dedicate my next tea class and share its characteristics with all of you! After all, Christmas is coming soon and it's better to order early so that your tea will arrive on time!


 

No comments: