Tuesday, December 28, 2021

The top 5 articles of 2021

Spring Qilan Baozhong from Wenshan

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas! Mine was very enjoyable due to the fact that I followed my own advice: less wine and more tea! The one that stood out is my 2017 spring gushu puerh. I could use it on 3 occasions. First, as I had advised, on its own, instead of Champagne, as starter that gives you energy and appetite. Second, it paired very nicely with my home made gravlax (salted salmon). Third, it also paired wonderfully with French cheese like vacherin! And not only was the pairing a real pleasure, even my digestion felt quite normal despite the higher intake!! (This Lancang gushu is also a good, more affordable choice). 
Before I list the top videos of 2021 in my next post, let's recap the most viewed articles of this year.

5. Absolute Beginners. This article is about the best tool for absolute beginners, the porcelain gaiwan. It's not to be confused with a video I made lately that teaches how to make tea if you are an absolute beginner! The video was designed to be sent to your friends, after they have received a tea gift from you.

4. Hung Shui SiJiChun feedback. This short feedback is a great reminder that quality tea doesn't have to burn holes in your pocket!
3. 2003 Spring raw puerh cake feedback. This article is another feedback I received. This gives me the opportunity to thank all of you who write to me with your feedback, questions, suggestions...

2. Tea cultivar TTES #22, Qin Yu. My farmer in San Hsia harvested this new cultivar for the first time from his new plantation and turned it into an exquisite Baozhong!
1. The Reddit influence. This article is based on a reader's feedback I found on Reddit. I had been wondering why this 2003 sheng puerh cake and this 2007 sheng CNNP Peacock cake were selling so well all of a sudden. It turns out that this article helped boost the sales for these 2 puerhs. And the good news is that these 2 puerhs are still available! 
Spring 2021 Qilan Baozhong from Wenshan

1 comment:

EG said...

Now you're asking an impossible question....a favourite article. There have been so many, however, somehow I'd missed the one on
Tea cultivar TTES #22, Qin Yu. Baozhong is an under- explored tea type in my experience, but now that I've read this article, I'm that much more curious to know more. Process, terroir, season, fragrance...so much goes into tea farming!