Tuesday, June 16, 2009

5 years tea blogging

years is little victory. Who would have thought that my blog would still be around 5 years after its modest beginnings! To celebrate, I brewed my spring 2004 roasted Shan Lin Shi Oolong. It's 5 years old too! I used my 'TeaMaster' teapot, the first teapot I made myself, 1 month after starting this blog. Even the small bamboo tray is the same. These brews of aged teas make me sentimental. My taste buds measure the passing of time. Even with the same accessories, the tea is evolving and never exactly the same. The leaves are maturing and my technique improved since then.

This makes tasting a tea with aging potential so interesting and intimate. It matures with us and has the power to bring us back in time. What this tea told me was: I'm still going strong and I have energy to continue for at least another 5 years! And so does the blog!

I am thanking tea for the inspiration it gives me. And I would also like to thank all of my readers for your support in sharing my tea experiences. Thank you for your comments, orders and many friendly mails that have brought joy to my life.

To celebrate the last 5 years and the next 5, I would like to give you an exceptional 10% discount on all teas and accessories in my selection (except Earth and Fire wares) until July 15.
(Then I will be off to France for a month).

14 comments:

Kim said...

Well, I am "only" enjoying teamasters blog for about 2 years but it really enhanced my tea experience a thousand times !!

Stephane, please keep up the good work !!

Congratulations !!!!

Brett said...

Congratulations Stephane,
I'm proud to have read every English post (and looked at the pictures for all the French ones :)
Your blog is a pleasure to read and very inspirational!

lionel said...

Happy Birthday Teamasters ! and you Stéphane...
Nul autre blog n'est capable comme le tien de nous plonger littéralement dans le monde du thé, le vrai, l'unique, celui de la terre du thé de Taïwan, des plantations, des fermiers qui cueillent, façonnent, torréfient...

Merci, par tes articles-photos-conseils...de nous aider à cheminer sur la -passionnante, inépuisable- voie du thé...

Longue vie à toi et Teamasters !
Lionel

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on having the courage and the vision to follow your dream!

- Alex

Anonymous said...

Bravo et merci pour ces cinq années instructives, divertissantes, enrichissantes.
Kris

Brittiny said...

Congratulations!

I stumbled upon your blog about 6 months ago and have enjoyed it ever since!

Your posts and pictures are always amazing! Looking forward to more...

TeaMasters said...

Thank you so much for your kind words.
Merci pour vos encouragements.

Justin said...

hi stephane,
happy birthday to tea masters! i love your chaxi, and i learn french from your blog :)

heavydoom said...

herr erler,

congratulations! here is to 5 more years. long life and good health with your teas!!

peace.

Marilyn Miller said...

Congratulations on 5 years! That is quite an accomplishment. Have a great time in France. I will be in France the end of September.

Love your blog!

Salsero said...

Happy anniversary, Stéphane. Here's to the next five!

Unknown said...

Congratulations, Stéphane. And thank you for so teaching me so much about tea and tea culture.

Kahara said...

Congrats!

EnKoppZen said...

Congratulations, and may your blog continue for many more years.