Monday, September 14, 2009

Saturday Afternoon Oolong Tea

It's nice to be back home. I can choose from all my accessories and teas to set up a beautiful and tasty Cha Xi.

This hot and bright day, short before sunset, I felt like drinking my Spring 2009 Shan Lin Shi Oolong. The heat of the city is almost unbearable. I long for the fresh and sweet mountain air of Shan Lin Shi. I take my time to enjoy the last hour before sunset.

The brew is a success. I have used relatively few leaves. Once open, they only filled about 70-75% of the teapot. Each infusion lasted at least one minute. When the leaves are good, they thrive in hot water.

These leaves give me everything: deep flowery fragrances, texture, sweetness, a pleasant mouthfeel, freshness in the mouth, a long aftertaste... And the interaction of the tea with each accessory adds even more to the experience.

Yes, it's good to be home!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AHHH!sHAN LIN SHI:C EST impréssionnant: surtout si on a fait un bout de chemin ds le parc national:ton excursion! et tes photos qui font ressortir la fraicheur; les contrastes de ces lieux remarquables de pureté a l image de ce oolong ;ce gao shan sha si succulent!
cela te fait du bien de retrouver l eau de chez toi!????je confirme l eau d une bonne qualité chauffée doucement a la tetsubin c est un gain en moelleux phénoménal:on redecouvre la force de certains thés:l eau le 2 ieme ingrédient du thé....
PHILIPPE.BX.

TeaMasters said...

Salut Philippe,
oui, l'eau d'ici est bien en harmonie avec le thé. En plus, ces derniers temps, j'avais de l'eau de source de San Hsia prise 1 semaine après mon retour. Je me suis assuré que cette plantation n'a pas subi de dommâge du typhon (les dommâges sont surtout au sud de l'ile). Par contre, impossible de rester longtemps dehors sans se faire piquer par les moustiques actuellement!
Du coup, boire à la maison est bien agréable!

Anonymous said...

I really like that apartment with all those windows. Lots of bright, sunny days in there. And not a bad view either, of downtown perhaps. It looks like a good place to have tea. --Teaternity