Friday, November 10, 2023

1 day 1 tea: Day 10

Today, before I go for my Friday 3 km swim, I brewed this spring's FuShou Shan high mountain Oolong. I recently did a video about FuShou Shan.You may watch it to get more background about this tea location.
Look how few leaves I'm using! Less is more, especially with the top high mountain Oolongs. And I'm using my hand to gently drop the leaves in the middle of the teapot. This shows a proximity, an intimacy with the leaves and it's also a sensual way to come in a first physical contact with the leaves.
Water from the tetsubin means water with a natural sweet iron taste. And the more you use your tetsubin, the cleaner and better the water will taste.
Thanks to the small amount of leaves, the color of the brew is light and bright, as it should be.
The Chabu Golden Kimono features traditional Tang dynasty ladies on a pool like background! I don't know how this fabric came about, but it fits today's program: Chinese tea followed by exercise in a swimming pool!
I'm enjoying this sunshine as the weather is about to change. By varying the tea and the Chabu and the teapot, I hope that my pictures don't bother you. I noticed that they are getting fewer likes than before on Instagram and also fewer views on Facebook. The fact that I'm not paying for advertising on these platforms probably explains why the algorithm isn't helping me! It's fine with me, because my goal isn't to maximize the number of people in my audience, but to reach the most passionate tea people. In tea and in readers, I value quality over quantity! 
The ultimate goal of a Chaxi is to create such a personal place of harmony and tea pleasure that you feel extremely happy to be alive Here and Now! You feel free like a jellyfish in the sea!
Beautiful tea is how we can achieve this goal! Every day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful Chabu fabric!